- $240 is the average wedding cost for Gifts & Favors Wedding Favors in United States
Roughly 65% - 75%
of couples purchase this
Note: Average Cost is based on the spending of couples recently married not wedding vendor prices.
This includes all types of weddings, event locations, purchases of both new and pre-owned items and purchases of services from professionals,
someone that simply provides the service, or a hired family member or friend.
Spending and prices can vary widely.
The best way to figure out how much you might spend for your wedding is to use the wedding cost estimator
Start your wedding budget with the Wedding Cost Estimator
Better than a wedding budget calculator, use the wedding cost estimator to create a budget starting point or a wedding budget checklist
Create a Wedding Cost Estimate
Sign In to view your current estimates or save new estimates
Register to save multiple wedding cost estimates
What's Typically Included in Gifts & Favors > Wedding Favors
- 1 favor per guest, both at the bridal shower and at the wedding
Additional Cost Items to Look Out For
- Display tray, tiered platter or installation on which to display favors
- D'cor for favor display tray
- Sign for the favors table
- Table and linens for the favors table
- DIY supplies for homemade favors
- DIY wrapping and label supplies for homemade favors
- DIY printer ink for homemade labels
- Custom packaging via favors site
- Premium flavors for edible favors
- Refrigeration for edible favors
- Cost of liquor, wine or microbrew favors
- Travel to get beverage favors
- Favor order delivery
- Rush delivery
- Tipping for delivery workers
- Replacement fees in case of bad DIY or damage
- Delivery of favors to event site
- Assistant's work in setting up favors, and in removing remaining favors
- Extra favors as keepsakes
- Dessert bar sweets, bowls, vessels and scoops for the dessert bar to double as a favors bar.
- Dessert bar take-home containers, baggies, twist ties and labels for optimal dual-use as a help-yourself favors bar.
Why Does It Cost This Much?
Favors are, quite simply, a higher priority now. Dollar-store items are not going to impress in our current wedding world of top-name truffles, champagne minis and cashmere favors. It's not unusual to see bridal shower favors include a lovely perfume or other indulgence. And where couples used to offer a 2-pack of truffles, they're now springing for the 12-pack.
The number of favors needed, blended with this focus on quality and brand name, makes this a pricier-than-expected category.
We're no longer in the era of skipping favors and just making a donation to a cause. Couples who do opt to make a donation still offer their guests some kind of takeaway, even if it's just a baggie of sweets from the dessert bar.