- $110 is the average wedding cost for Invitations Engagement Announcements in United States
Roughly 29% - 39%
of couples purchase this
Note: Average Cost is based on the spending of couples recently married not wedding vendor prices.
This includes all types of weddings, event locations, purchases of both new and pre-owned items and purchases of services from professionals,
someone that simply provides the service, or a hired family member or friend.
Spending and prices can vary widely.
The best way to figure out how much you might spend for your wedding is to use the wedding cost estimator
Start your wedding budget with the Wedding Cost Estimator
Better than a wedding budget calculator, use the wedding cost estimator to create a budget starting point or a wedding budget checklist
Create a Wedding Cost Estimate
Sign In to view your current estimates or save new estimates
Register to save multiple wedding cost estimates
What's Typically Included in Invitations > Engagement Announcements
- Ordered or DIY-made engagement announcement cards
Additional Cost Items to Look Out For
- Costs associated with higher-quality cards, brand-name stationery for these announcements, font style above their standard designs, font color above their standard color (usually black.)
- Card stock and printer ink purchases to make these print announcements
- Photo session, perhaps engagement session, to get a photo to include as part of this announcement's design
- Wardrobe for the photo session, if separate from your engagement photo session
- Hair and makeup for the photo session, if separate from your engagement photo session
- Delivery of printed engagement announcements
- Extras ordered as keepsakes
- The cost of submitting your engagement announcement to local newspapers
- The cost of submitting your engagement announcement to newspapers local to your parents and grandparents
Why Does It Cost This Much?
First impressions matter, and your engagement announcement will be the first print item related to your wedding that your guests will see. If you'll do print engagement announcements ' since some couples are content with announcing and sharing photos on social media ' this is a signal for guests to look for your gift registries so that they can send you an engagement gift, if they wish.
Top-quality print items require an investment in design elements and production, especially if you'll personalize them with photos and a custom monogram.
It's often very surprising that newspapers charge what they do for including your engagement announcement in their pages and online, especially since they know they'll get lots of clicks and traffic on their site's stats to charm their advertisers, but that's a reality in the world of extra little charges that make an impact on a wedding budget. It's emotional, it's important to your family, it's exciting for you, so it's going to come at a price.