- $285 is the average wedding cost for Photography & Video Digital or Photo cd/dvd in United States
Roughly 38% - 48%
of couples purchase this
Note: Average Cost is based on the spending of couples recently married not wedding vendor prices.
This includes all types of weddings, event locations, purchases of both new and pre-owned items and purchases of services from professionals,
someone that simply provides the service, or a hired family member or friend.
Spending and prices can vary widely.
The best way to figure out how much you might spend for your wedding is to use the wedding cost estimator
Start your wedding budget with the Wedding Cost Estimator
Better than a wedding budget calculator, use the wedding cost estimator to create a budget starting point or a wedding budget checklist
Create a Wedding Cost Estimate
Sign In to view your current estimates or save new estimates
Register to save multiple wedding cost estimates
What's Typically Included in Photography & Video > Digital or Photo cd/dvd
- A set number of your wedding photos on CD or DVD
- Basic photo editing for brightness, removing flaws, etc.
Additional Cost Items to Look Out For
- Having a larger amount of wedding photos on CD or DVD, such as having all of them
- Editing above basic editing effects, such as slimming, cropping as directed, etc.
- Soundtrack creation for CD/DVD slideshow capabilities
- Additional copies of the CD/DVD you order
- Special order CD/DVDs with different photos chosen for a parent's photo DVD, etc.
- Any expenses of creating your own pre-wedding photo DVD to be played at your engagement party, at the wedding, etc.
- Your entertainer's creation of a video display of your pre-wedding photos, slideshow/edited montage
- Fee-based apps that display your wedding hashtagged photos at the reception
- Delivery fees
- Rush charges
Why Does It Cost This Much?
Technology makes it easy to edit a single photo, turning it from color to black-and-white to sepia, removing red-eye, cropping. But when 3,000 photos need to be edited, that's going to take some time.
Yes, it's quite easy for a photographer to upload photos to a DVD or to a digital file you'll access, but it's the time and focus on assessing each photo, seeing good but wanting great for you, fine-tuning, painstaking work. Plus, the emotional value of the photos taken, as moments in time on this one momentous day, that add up to the cost of this service.
Plus, another one of those details you might not know about from inside the photography industry: equipment needs so be updated very often to keep current and offer you the best quality of photos and editing possible, and this profession maintains a high amount of expense in their online functionality and online security areas. The company's studio will create some overhead expenses for them, which factor into their prices, and this is a service (taking photos) plus a service (editing photos) plus a service (creating photo slideshows and collections,) rather than a single-level service like making cupcakes. So, with so many layers to the job, fees are naturally higher.