- $2,368 is the average wedding cost for Venue, Catering & Rentals Event Bar Service in United States
Roughly 57% - 67%
of couples purchase this
Note: Average Cost is based on the spending of couples recently married not wedding vendor prices.
This includes all types of weddings, event locations, purchases of both new and pre-owned items and purchases of services from professionals,
someone that simply provides the service, or a hired family member or friend.
Spending and prices can vary widely.
The best way to figure out how much you might spend for your wedding is to use the wedding cost estimator
Start your wedding budget with the Wedding Cost Estimator
Better than a wedding budget calculator, use the wedding cost estimator to create a budget starting point or a wedding budget checklist
Create a Wedding Cost Estimate
Sign In to view your current estimates or save new estimates
Register to save multiple wedding cost estimates
What's Typically Included in Venue, Catering & Rentals > Event Bar Service
- Bar service for X number of hours, according to the bar package you select, which may offer top-shelf liquors, premium brands or just wine and beer
- Bartender service offered at a wedding venue
- Drinkware at a wedding venue
Additional Cost Items to Look Out For
- Signature drinks
- Specialty drink bars like vodka luges and signature drink bars
- After-dinner drinks
- Specialty drinkware beyond the site's standard designs, may take rentals of specialty styles
- Champagne service, just for the toast or offered all night
- Artisanal ice
- Custom coasters
- Custom napkins
- Bar menus
- Bar signs, such as signs announcing a specialty drink
- Sourcing liquor from a local brewery or winery
- Rental of the bar itself
- Specialty bar like one made out of ice
- For an at-home party, rentals of drinkware and bar accessories
- For an at-home party, booking bartenders
- Specialty lighting at the bar
- A non-alcoholic drinks bar
- Soft drink decanters on display at the ceremony
- Specialty drinks offered at the ceremony
Why Does It Cost This Much?
Guests know their liquors. They're very savvy about their wines and hard liquors, and they expect high-level, great-tasting drinks. So a bar package featuring top-shelf liquors is of tremendous value and a noted aspect of successful weddings.
Having enough bars and enough bartenders to prevent long lines is also a factor in the cost of bar service, with talented mixologists becoming a part of your wedding's entertainment. A trained bar staff makes all the difference and is well worth the investment, particularly if you'll host an at-home wedding or at-home parties. The bartender makes the drinks, makes sure there is enough ice, and handles bar spills so that you can remain a guest of honor ' not a worker ' at your wedding or party.
We're seeing a return to after-dinner drinks, and the trend of multiple signature drinks, plus specialty drink bars like bourbon and tequila bars to make the festivities all the more exciting and indulgent for guests.