- $314 is the average wedding cost for Venue, Catering & Rentals Hotel Room for After Reception in United States
Roughly 56% - 66%
of couples purchase this
Note: Average Cost is based on the spending of couples recently married not wedding vendor prices.
This includes all types of weddings, event locations, purchases of both new and pre-owned items and purchases of services from professionals,
someone that simply provides the service, or a hired family member or friend.
Spending and prices can vary widely.
The best way to figure out how much you might spend for your wedding is to use the wedding cost estimator
Start your wedding budget with the Wedding Cost Estimator
Better than a wedding budget calculator, use the wedding cost estimator to create a budget starting point or a wedding budget checklist
Create a Wedding Cost Estimate
Sign In to view your current estimates or save new estimates
Register to save multiple wedding cost estimates
What's Typically Included in Venue, Catering & Rentals > Hotel Room for After Reception
- The wedding couple may get their wedding night accommodations for free with their wedding booking or with X number of guests rooms in the hotel room block
- If it's not free, it may be at a reduced rate for one-night's stay
Additional Cost Items to Look Out For
- Room upgrade, from a regular suite to the presidential suite
- More than one night's stay, such as with a long-distance or destination wedding (or wanting the night-before stay for arriving guest welcome and the rehearsal dinner.)
- Room service fees
- Mini bar fees
- Late check-out time request
- Housekeeping and room service delivery tips
- Bellman tips for helping you bring all of your wedding supplies and luggage to and from your room
- The cost of food and drink you bring to your hotel room yourselves
- Costs associated with a VIP after-party in your hotel room (room service, pizza delivery, etc.)
- Any damages if you'll invite guests to your room for a VIP after-party
- Charges at the hotel bar charged to your room, which may happen during your stay and also when guests gather naturally after the wedding at the hotel bar, and you tell the bartender to charge it to your room
- The hotel's per-night parking fees
- Costs associated with picking up your hotel-staying guests' nightly parking fees
- Cancellation fees
- The time of year and days of the week when you will need the room
- The location of your hotel
- The brand of your hotel, such as a 5-star hotel vs. a 3-star hotel
Why Does It Cost This Much?
As mentioned, the hotel brand, location, time of year and day of the week will create the foundation of your expenses here, and it's all the celebratory extras like bar tabs and room service than often create a shockingly high final cost at checkout. And if you're late checking out, that's another budget wallop.
A surprising cost booster is when there's a special event in town, such as college homecoming or parents' weekend, a big conference, or other massive event that creates a price increase at your hotel. Check with your on-site planner or the hotel manager to see if there are any big events going on in town that will affect your expenses during your hotel stay.