- $61 is the average wedding cost for Invitations Guest Book in United States
Roughly 69% - 79%
of couples purchase this
Note: Average Cost is based on the spending of couples recently married not wedding vendor prices.
This includes all types of weddings, event locations, purchases of both new and pre-owned items and purchases of services from professionals,
someone that simply provides the service, or a hired family member or friend.
Spending and prices can vary widely.
The best way to figure out how much you might spend for your wedding is to use the wedding cost estimator
Start your wedding budget with the Wedding Cost Estimator
Better than a wedding budget calculator, use the wedding cost estimator to create a budget starting point or a wedding budget checklist
Create a Wedding Cost Estimate
Sign In to view your current estimates or save new estimates
Register to save multiple wedding cost estimates
What's Typically Included in Invitations > Guest Book
- A plain or decorated guest book to display at the reception, in which guests write their good wishes to you
- A fancy pen or set of pens provided by the guest book for guests to use
Additional Cost Items to Look Out For
- Brand-name guest book, such as item featured in top designer's collection
- Personalizing a purchased guest book
- DIY supplies needed to personalize a guest book, including custom monogram stamp, photo inclusions, artistic flourishes, crystals, and more
- Gel pens and metallic pens
- Guest book alternative, such as a photo mat that guests will sign, or individual cards cut into themed shapes on which guests will sign their messages. A big trend right now is having guests sign Jenga pieces or corks that the couple will put on display in their home.
- D'cor for table at which guest book will be displayed, including framed signs or photos, candles, and florals.
Why Does It Cost This Much?
Keep the rule in mind: if a guest will touch a wedding element, it needs to be visually-pleasing and impressive to the touch. Guests will be up-close to this traditional wedding item, with lights likely focused on it, so the design and detail of this book is quite important and worth investing in.
The material of the book will play a part in its cost, as will the brand name of the designer collection you shop from. And, as always, DIY materials will always incur costs. Adding floral d'cor and special features to the guest book table will be your greater expense, with many couples choosing large florals set at the back of the table, perhaps a floral wall as a top d'cor trend, or a lineup of florals and candles to make the setting shine.