- $444 is the average wedding cost for Flowers & Decorations Event Decorations in United States
Roughly 76% - 86%
of couples purchase this
Note: Average Cost is based on the spending of couples recently married not wedding vendor prices.
This includes all types of weddings, event locations, purchases of both new and pre-owned items and purchases of services from professionals,
someone that simply provides the service, or a hired family member or friend.
Spending and prices can vary widely.
The best way to figure out how much you might spend for your wedding is to use the wedding cost estimator
Start your wedding budget with the Wedding Cost Estimator
Better than a wedding budget calculator, use the wedding cost estimator to create a budget starting point or a wedding budget checklist
Create a Wedding Cost Estimate
Sign In to view your current estimates or save new estimates
Register to save multiple wedding cost estimates
What's Typically Included in Flowers & Decorations > Event Decorations
- Wedding ceremony trellis
- Wedding ceremony arch
- Aisle runner
- Theme-matching items like heirloom suitcases, window panes, bicycle
- String lights
- Marquee lights
- Additional indoor and outdoor lighting features
- Bunting and banners
- Framed photos
- Money birdcage
- Wedding card box
- Dance floor decals
Additional Cost Items to Look Out For
- Tables to display d'cor items on
- Fresh florals to affix to trellises, chuppahs, and other d'cor items
- DIY materials for the making of d'cor items
- Time/travel to rental studios and stores to source wedding decorations
- Materials needed to clean up older items you'd like to repurpose (such as wood polish, paint stripper, stain, paint)
- Rentals from your floral designer and wedding planners, in addition to items from a rental agency
- Photo restoration
- Photo printing and enlarging
- Frames for photos
- Easels or stands on which to display photos
- Power cords and extension cords for marque lights and other light displays
- Solid base for beneath aisle runner if on a lawn
- Clips for aisle runner if on a lawn
- Delivery fees for rented d'cor items
Why Does It Cost This Much?
Nothing in particular costs very much, with the exception of a chuppah. It's just a very big shopping list for so many individual items, and if you plan to repurpose or refinish them ' or make them yourself ' the project can entail some surprisingly pricy materials and tools. A can of stain, for instance, might cost more than you expect, and a rented or purchased sander also carries a cost. Add to this the sad fact that some DIY projects don't come out as you expected, or a friend who volunteered to make your dessert bar sign stalled and stalled and never delivered. So off to the craft store for you, to buy materials that are not on sale anymore.
This category is a pileup of lots of items, which accounts for the dent in your budget. Add to this the cost of taking any craft classes, or buying a book on mosaic patterns to help you with your wedding d'cor project. $8 here, $12.99 there, and pretty soon, you're hundreds of dollars in.